State of the Art Therapy – So Close and Accessible
State of the art therapy is available at Brookhaven. Through physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, the patient can regain their strength and improve their abilities to perform activities of daily living (ADLs). This article sets forth some items that puts therapy in the category of ‘State of the Art’.
What are Clients Looking for in Therapy?
5 Things that Show that the Client’s Needs are in Front:
* Application of the latest proven developments in the therapy
* Awareness of the newest ideas in the field
* The most up to date features and equipment
* State of the art facilities, the patient and their family appreciate the standard of the facilities
* Extras, such as ways to ease transportation to and from the therapy sessions
6 Things to look out for in Staff:
* The highest level of care from the staff
* Staff are fully trained and qualified to be therapists
* Members of a multidisciplinary team are present on site or, are easily accessible, including for example: the resident physician, occupational therapists, rehabilitation nurse, social worker, therapeutic recreation providers, speech language pathologist.
* The staff are most supportive they are people who encourage the patients to persevere with the therapy, overcome the challenge so that where possible the patient can return to home living as soon as possible
* Staff that are more than happy to help the patient in every way
*Staff that help the patient to feel independent and encourage them for the future
3 things to notice in staff interactions with the family members and the patient:
* Staff are courteous and supportive
* Staff are knowledgeable and happy to answer questions and point you in the right direction for further information
* Communication is streamlined between the patient, the family members, the staff and any outside resources.
Senior Living Regained Through Therapy
Through choosing a facility that provides state of the art therapy, patients and their families are setting the patient up for success and a positive therapy experience.
Seniors (as well as everyone else) love independence! Go all the way with rehab to give yourself or your family member the best possible therapy available.
Leave a Comment